The Cut Winners
Talent Scout Winners
Tazmyn Dambrauskas, Brooks+Brooks
Talent Scout is about finding the next big thing, a young stylist who stands out from the crowd with their raw talent, ability and edge. We’re looking for a young maverick with a talent in need of nurture to allow them to make it to the top of their game.
Sound like you or someone you know?
To enter, please submit:
- Showcase your talent by producing a 45-second film clip, which can be shot on your mobile phone. There are no boundaries to what it includes – it could be a model presentation, a demo, or just you bringing to life your inspiration or heroes in a captivating monologue – whatever you choose, it has to convey your hunger for hairdressing
- A glowing reference from an industry professional; this can be your salon owner, a mentor or someone you have worked with on a shoot
- Please save the film on USB stick or DVD and send it in the post with a entry form and cheque. Alternatively, you can email your entry. Please note, we will not be able to process your submission without the fee and entry form
Entry Guidelines for Talent Scout
- Entrants must be under the age of 25 on the 4th March 2013.
- If nominating yourself, you must get permission from your salon owner.
- The winner will potentially participate in a year-long programme of activity with the sponsor and magazine as part of the prize. Before entering, please ensure you can commit to this.
- Finalists will have to attend a judging session during the month of January and the Awards ceremony on 4th March 2013. Failure to make either of these dates will result in disqualification.
- No expenses incurred from entering Talent Scout will be paid.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- The five top finalists will be invited to London to give a presentation to an expert panel
- The presentation must include a model, but that is the only criteria
- The winner will be announced at the Awards party on 4th March 2012.
- Entries should be typed (not handwritten) and printed on A4 paper
- Entries should be presented in a bound folder and also backed up on cd (or variation)
- We are looking for the stylists and salons that stand out from the rest, so make your entry count
- Don’t forget to tell us about all the special things that make you or your salon great
- Please label each photograph with your name and email address
- Photographs can be in colour or black and white. Please bear in mind if entering the Colour Expert category then they must be in colour
Rules of Entry
- Open to all UK-based salons and stylists.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an entry form and a £25 entry fee.
- You can enter multiple categories, but an entry form and fee must be submitted for each.
- All work submitted for the Awards must be solely the work of the entrant.
- Entries for ‘I Want That Hair!’ must have been shot in the last 12 months and not have been printed in any consumer magazines
- Salon Group is open to groups with two or more salons.
- Finalists will have to attend the Awards in Central London for the Awards party, 4th March 2013. Failure to make this date will result in disqualification.
- Finalists in all categories (except ‘I Want That Hair!’, Backstage Stylist and Extensionist) will be judged in part by mystery shoppers chosen from a panel of readers. As a finalist you will be required to submit a gift voucher for the value of a cut and blow-dry or colour service, to allow this to take place. Finalists will be contacted and given full details of this procedure at a later date.
- No expenses incurred will be paid.
- Entries must adhere to the criteria and be submitted in both hard format and on a cd.
- Entries arriving after the closing date 30th November, will be disqualified.
- You will be notified if you are a finalist by email or phone.
- The judges’ decision is final.